<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 29, 2004

"George Gives Bush A Bad Name" 

I had the joy of spending last Sunday with, of all people, my mom at the March for Women's Lives on the Mall in Washington. It was incredible.

The last time I felt that kind of energy was at Bill Clinton's Inauguration in 1993. I was 13 at the time, but talk about an indelible memory. This weekend was one, too. There is something to be said for a million people speaking with one loud voice. The title of the post was my favorite sign. So many others.

What got me, though, was the juxtaposition of the IMF protests the day before with the march on Sunday. I think that the anti-globalization movement could learn something here - having a clear message makes a difference. It captures people's imaginations. When they look at the attendance numbers through the years, maybe it's something to consider.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?