<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

I Love Al Gore 

Why do I love Al Gore, you might ask?

Because he is a badass.

If you haven't gotten to hear the speech itself, the transcript only does it about half justice. He is such an eloquent speaker. This is the Al Gore who was elected to the House and Senate from Tennessee. This is Al Gore the Volunteer.

I know, I know, where was he four years ago - I wonder myself sometimes. I think he got caught up in too many dumb advisors telling him too much dumb stuff, and eight years of being Clinton's VP had made too much of an impression on his day to day.

But when you read that speech, you can see it: he is an orator and politician of the highest order, and Democrats are lucky he is still around. Kerry could sure as hell learn a thing or two from him.

Side note: Bush's speechwriters should see this speech for a great example of how to quote Scripture in a political speech without sounding like you want a theocratic America. Oh wait - they do want a theocratic America!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?