<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 21, 2004

Seriously 

I know that the Pentagon is kind of between a rock and a hard place, what with the state-sanctioned torture and all, but wow.

This quote from a Bryan Whitman, who clearly didn't pay attention in PR class says a lot:
"They said we will make you wish to die and it will not happen," said Ameen Saeed Al-Sheik, detainee No. 151362. "They stripped me naked. One of them told me he would rape me. He drew a picture of a woman to my back and makes me stand in shameful position holding my buttocks."

The Pentagon is investigating the allegations, a spokesman said last night.

"There are a number of lines of inquiry that are being taken with respect to allegations of abuse of detainees in U.S. custody," Bryan Whitman said. "There is still more to know and to be learned and new things to be discovered."


I mean, seriously. More to know and learn and discover??? It sounds like he is talking about the latest children's amusement park or new values at your local Wal-Mart.

The flippant attitude that neocons and their people are showing to this baffles me. If we are working under the assertion that America is so much better than everyone else, and that we just have it all figured out, then why in the hell are we the ones doing the torturing?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?