<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 17, 2004

Torn 

I sometimes wonder if this should just become a blog about the Post.

Anyway - I read this today, and I was torn between my Washington self and my Tennessee self. (Now I sound like some kind of ridiculous Jungian, but anyway.)

While the stand on the right, walk on the left principle is clearly valid, I don't see that it is somehow a "Middle America" kind of issue as described by the woman in the article.

We have such crazy technology as escalators and even, yes, elevators outside of major coastal media markets. We know how to use them. The issue has more to do with being a tourist and not thinking like a worker trying to rush home. I have seen plenty a family from such lands as Massachusetts and New York look like idiots on the Metro escalators, but the difference is that they are jerks when you ask them to move, as opposed to Southerners and Midwesterners, who apologize and get out out of the way.

Back to reality and real issues.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?