<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 16, 2004

Carini Has A Lumpy Head No More 

So, sorry for the ridiculous lack of posting. Ring it up to busy days atmy actual place of employment. Expect a couple of posts catching up in thenext couple of days, but I just wanted to take a minute to pay respects toone of the great bands of all time, Phish.

I started listening to them a little earlier than most people from theseparts, after a friend of mine, Bryan Jones, went to the Halloween show in Atlanta. I went out and bought Lawn Boy the next day.

It was all downhill from there for me. I didn't really know anyone besidesBryan who listened to Phish, but the more I listened, the more I fell inlove. By the time I got to GW, I was hooked, but didn't have any clue howpopular the band. Enter a bunch of kids from the Northeast, and away we go.

Much has been said about the band, etc, but what means the most to meis their music's ability to pull people together. One of the great momentsI ever had in grad school was driving in my boss' car to Planet Smoothieinstead of sitting in his office and talking, and listening to a tape hehad. Our meeting about my job became a 2-hour drive and discussion on themerits of Harpua.

So, we close an era. Sad for us all, but I am lucky to blessed by being exposed to such great music.

ps: "The thesis that you're writing is a load of shit. But I'm glad you finally finished it."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?