<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 14, 2005

You Have A Choice 

Last night, as I was flying from Washington National to Charlotte, I had a beautiful moment. We had a very smooth and uneventful flight - miraculous for me lately. As we start to land, I turned off my CD player and zoned out as I watched the passing scenery. The landing itself was nice and smooth, and had the always-fun loud jet roar.

Now, typically when you land, the flight attendant will immediately start the welcome speech. This time was no exception, and I had mostly tuned it out, since I knew what time it was and where I was. But then, the most amazing thing happened. As he went through the spiel he said, and I quote:
All of us at US Airways thank you for flying with us. You had a choice of bankrupt carriers, and you chose us.
My head popped up, and I wondered if I had heard that right. Just about that time, the guy sitting behind me leaned forward and asked if I had just heard it, too.

I don't know if the guy was mad his union conceded 30 percent of his salary, or if was just a long day, but it made my trip, by far.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?