<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 16, 2005

The New Waterfront 

On some level, it seems like the new waterfront opening marks the real transition to the Littlefield administration. Leave it to the master politician to not only go out on a high note, but to go out on a high note that virtually ensures that your successor won't be able to match it.

As political theatre, it's really good stuff.

Here's what is hanging me up, though: Will Republicans in, say, Tullahoma give a flip that Bob Corker raised a lot of money to build new stuff on the river here? Will it resonate against candidates who will be howling about abortion and "the homosexual agenda"?

Who knows? Joe blogged a bit last week on the idea of Corker running for governor, and I was struck with the thought that I would actually vote for him, assuming the Democratic candidate wasn't someone I could really get behind.

I think I am just left with the idea that, despite his many accomplishments for Chattanooga, Corker will not be able to translate those accomplishments into something easily digestible for a statewide Senate run. And in some way, if Democrats are lucky enough to run against Ed Bryant, then all the better.

And, um, where the hell is Harold Ford?

(PS: I'm back - in a shocking upset, the real world took over my life substantially the last 3 weeks or so. I have a big family event coming up soon, so I may be light for a while, but I'm here.)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?