<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Flag Burning 

I was all fired up to write a post about the flag-burning amendment once again wending its way through Congress, but smijer beat me to it with a post that sums up exactly what I was thinking.

Summing it up:
Proponents of the amendment say that we opponents are "out of touch" with public sentiment. Maybe some of us are. Not me - I know that public sentiment is violently against flag burning, and not apt to realize that banning flag-burning is even more unpatriotic than flag-burning itself.

Opponents should fight against passage of the amendment, but we should also work on getting the general public thinking more clearly about the issue.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Maybe you should think about calling Lamar! and Bill Frist about this, and tell them to respect America's basic freedom of expression. Not that they'll listen.

Lamar! can be reached at (202) 224-4944.
Frist can be reached at (202) 224-3344

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?