<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Name Of The Band Is COWBOY MOUTH! 

Just for Joe, here's a little Riverbend blogging, pure and simple.

If you missed the Cowboy Mouth show last night, you missed the best show I have ever seen at Riverbend, bar none. Believe me when I say this is not something I would lay down lightly.

I had my doubts about lead singer Fred Le Blanc's ability to get a Riverbend crowd excited to his high standards. Remember, this is the festival known for incredibly passive crowds. But, by God, he got the people off their asses, easy as that. It took him climbing off the stage, per his usual approach and literally yanking people up from their folding chairs, but by the 3rd song, the crowd was packed tight and the energy was all the way there.

The songs were a good mix of old and new stuff, with one of my personal favorites, Whatcha Gonna Do?, thrown in there for fun. The highlight of the show was when Fred pulled four kids out of the crowd from people's shoulders to come on stage with him and play the drums on all-time classic Jenny Says. The kids went nuts, including the son of one local TV reporter, who got on stage and found his inner Fred, putting his fist in the air with drumstick in hand.

More or less, it rocked. It certainly made Big and Rich look like the complete buffoons they are. But what else would you expect when the name of the band is... COWBOY MOUTH!

Ahem, I said, when the name of the band is... COWBOY MOUTH!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?