<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Think Diff... I mean, Think Like Everyone Else 

So, I am a big geek. Moreover, I am a big Apple geek. I love the things. I am poring over my next computer purchase now, and it is between an iMac and a Powerbook.

This story, along with this one from the Post, leave me worried, though.

The joy of being an Apple person is that you know you are getting something totally unlike what more than 90 percent of people would ever dream of owning. And you know that it's better. Yeah, it's smug and snotty, but by God, they are just better computers because they are built with different architecture from the bottom up.

I lack the lavish devotion some people have to Steve Jobs. I think he's smart as hell, but he's not Jesus, unlike the guy quoted in the Post article seems to think:
"If Apple deems it a smart move to make this transition, I'm all in favor of it," Phil Shapiro, a Mac enthusiast in Arlington, wrote in an e-mail yesterday. "Steve Jobs -- and his board of directors -- are very smart. Their wisdom becomes revealed to us over time."
That's just a bit creepy. Anyway, I'm worried about where this will take Apple. Will be just be a different kind of Windows box now? Who knows? Even as I write, I'm using an incompetent POS Dell that breaks easily once a week and is the clunkiest thing I have ever used. I fear that is where my beautiful, beautiful Macs are headed.

Thus endeth the geek blogging. Politics to resume shortly.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?