<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 11, 2005

Just to Clarify... 

I noticed that Joe thought I might be conflicted about Harold Ford Jr.

Definitely not the case.

I am not fond of Ford's political decisions, and his way with words leaves something to be desired, as his love letter to George Bush showed. That said, he is by far the best candidate in the race for U.S. Senate, either Democratic or Republican. Why is he better than Kurita?

1) His national experience. As a member of the House, Ford understands Washington, and he has made his way onto the House Budget and Financial Services Committees (Note: Edited thanks to info from an anonymous commenter.). He can do more for Tennessee.

2) He is more liberal/progressive than Kurita. I'm not saying he's the next Dennis Kucinich, but Kurita worries me about being the kind of Democrat who will leave the farm and go totally right-wing a la Joe Lieberman if she got to Washington.

There are other reasons, but those are enough. As for why he's better than any Republican:

1) He is a vote for Harry Reid. End of discussion. The Democratic agenda is best for America.

So, much as Harold may bug me, there is no conflict on who I'll be voting for, and who I'll be supporting.

Comments:
Ford is NOT a member of the House Apropriations Committee. He is on two less prestigeous committees: Budget and Financial Services.
 
But definitely not as prestigious as the Tennessee Senate Transportation Committee, right?

My bad on the error, but the point still stands - he'll be able to do more for Tennessee than Kurita could.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?