<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The "Christian" Agenda 

This makes me sick to my stomach:
[Venezuelan President] Chavez has emerged as one of the most outspoken critics of President Bush, accusing the United States of conspiring to topple his government and possibly backing plots to assassinate him. U.S. officials have called the accusations ridiculous.

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."
This guy is a class-A lunatic. It is incredibly troubling to me that he purports to speak for Christians or Christianity in anyway. And the scary part is that there are so many people who believe what he says. Remember, this is the same guy who tried to blame 9/11 on liberals and gay people.

I have enough issue with those, even here in Chattanooga, who use their pulpits as places for political speeches. But this is simply heretical.

Comments:
I am currently waiting for a weather report from hell. The reason being is that there is a good chance that there was a sudden drop in temperature there and ice is overtaking that southern most hemisphere. You have no idea how hard it is for me to say this but...but...I agree with you! SSshhhhh! Keep it down.
I know I know it's unbelievable but I have made the appropriate notations on my calendar marking the event.
But before you get all silly with glee I want to make a point that he DOES NOT represent as large a constituency as is being portrayed. The 700 Club pulls 300,000 viewers per show which is nothing. There are medium market radio talk radio shows with 10-fold that many viewers. He has his clique, not much different than some of those hate spewing mullahs whose speech we allow and protect everyday.
It really gets me that the man
seems to have been oblivious to what was surely going to be a vocal response to such comments. If he really was unaware of the damage he could do, to his "cause" and to the image of Christians and Americans, with that sort of statement than he truly is an idiot. His "shoot the other cheek"
mentality seems un-Christian like
for a preacher. From the press I have been reading he seems all alone out there without a bit of real support. He should be ostracized by his base...sad.
Don't worry about his ilk TL, he is but a pimple on the posterior of the planet. =)
 
The dude is just a total loony. I think he's becoming the right's Ralph Nader. He actually spent a few years in Tennessee, as a proud graduate of the McCallie School right here in Chattanooga. That makes me feel dirty.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?