<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 26, 2005

How 'Bout Them Vols?? 


I won't lie. I gave up hope at halftime.

And I won't say that this team is out of the woods yet.

But I love them. I love that they went into LSU, forced into playing a game that should have been put off for weeks. Forced to fly in the day of the game, and forced to play on no rest. Forced to play in a stadium filled with students who had their classes called off so they could get loud. Forced to play in the face of everyone in the nation rooting against them.'

And they won. It was ugly, it was dirty, it showed a lot of nasty underbelly, but they won. And I love them. I love Gerald Riggs because as lightfooted as he is, he got the last yard. I love Rick Clausen because even though he kept getting sent back to the bench, he never lost heart.

So, how 'bout them Vols? I sure don't want to be Ole Miss.

30-27.

Comments:
At least we can agree on something. I was like you, gave up at half time.

Check out thisgreat article: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2173451

Go Vols!!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?