<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 07, 2005

South Knox TL... 

Well, I'm back and writing to you from my new home of Knoxville! I'm a bit unsure how this will change the nature of my blog, as I still want to keep a close finger on the pulse of Chattanooga, even from a few miles up the road. I'm sure it'll be a while before I am totally steeped in Knoxville knowledge as well.

I do see why Bubba and others love South Knox so much, and I already get why they don't entirely love the idea of the Chattanooga illuminati building things on their waterfront. But, there's time to learn more about those issues and others.

While I've been gone, the Bush ship has pretty well begun sinking, which makes me happy, though I do think that in the case of Alito v. Myers, the devil we didn't know may have been way preferable in spite of her total lack of qualifications. Libby should definitely spend some time in the pokey, and I can only hope that Rove will head that way soon too.

But, I am back, in Knoxville, and ready to get back to blogging regularly now that I am settled in.

Knoxvillians, what do I need to know now that I am here?

Comments:
I grew up in South Knoxville. Love it. Just be unprentitious, friendly, and smile. You'll do just fine. Not a very liberal area though.
 
BTW - Ye Old Steak House on Chapman Hwy has, or did, as gooda' steaks as you'll find anywhere.
 
It will be good to hear news from East TN (from Johnson City, and UT grad). We can consider ourselves successful when they vote Dem.
 
Thanks for the info, dadvocate! And thinksam, I'll do my best to keep you updated... I'm sure you've heard about the school shooting today. It's so sad.

As for Knoxville voting Dem, it did vote for Governor Bredesen, so there is a great deal of hope ahead.
 
Moving to Knoxville from Philly in no where near enough time to fully explore. Is there a more liberal area in Knoxville?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?