<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 20, 2008

It Is Finished 

So it seems that, finally, the Clinton juggernaut is breaking out of the death spiral long enough to actually concede. I'm somewhere in the middle of the debate on whether this has actually been good for the party or not. Until Clinton began playing the race card, the gender card and every other card, I would have said yes.

But there's a line between toughening up your opponent as you head toward the general election and just softening up his gut for an easy knockout. I felt the Clinton campaign got unnecessarily dirty and cheap and, frankly, evil toward the end. It's the burned bridges with her supporters I most fear.

In the end, we'll need Democratic votes to take the states we need to take. I hope that Clinton hasn't been so dirty as to muck up her supporters' party allegiance.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?